Each of our Desert Pilgrim necklaces have been handcrafted and hand-beaded in our Byron Bay studio. They feature:
• Cowrie shell clusters from East Timor. (see history menu)
• Miniature skull beads intricately carved by hand from deer antler, using a 300-year-old design passed down through the generations of a family of carvers.
• Ceramic disk beads from Mykonos, Greece.
• Miniature glass and ceramic beading detail.
• Knotted and wrapped kangaroo-hide leather detail.
About the Cowrie Shell:
Destined to transfer good luck, fortune and material wealth to those in its possession, the cowry shell is considered a deeply spiritual and highly valued object in African culture. The cowrie carries with it the blessing of Moté, ancient deity and goddess of water, also affectionately referred to as ‘Mother of Water’.
Please email our office - email@example.com - for further information and dimensions of this necklace, or simply click on the 'Ask A Question' below.
FROM THE BLOG